It all happened so fast, and we didn’t even see it coming. We have reached a new era and it is the future. We present to you, proof:
- Brooklyn now has a website.
- How does Denver look in the age of marijuana legalization? Hey, crime is down and revenue is up.
- It’s now less dangerous to carry a condom in your pocket in New York City. (The NYPD was confiscating condoms because… why not?)
- “If men’s shorts were a glacier in Greenland, scientists would be freaking out,” reports the Wall Street Journal.
- Louis CK has decreed that fat women are allowed to talk now. If Louis says it is so, then it is so. It is known.
- But although it may be the future, humans still care A LOT about the day-to-day lives of celebrities for some reason. (Et tu, Atlantic? Then fall, Society!) (Remember when Alec Baldwin said good-bye to public life in a NYMag cover story?)
There are a lot of “what if” scenarios littered throughout history–key moments in our timeline that have very distinctly led up to our present day. If these key moments had gone even just a little bit differently, history could have been entirely rewritten. For example, what if Hitler won the war? What if we had never launched into Space? And, perhaps most importantly, what if Sega had won the console wars? Food for thought.